Kintsugi is the Japanese art of putting broken pottery pieces back together with gold — built on the idea that in embracing flaws and imperfections, you can create an even stronger, more beautiful piece of art. Every break is unique and instead of repairing an item like new, the 400-year-old technique actually highlights the "scars" as a part of the design. Using this as a metaphor for healing ourselves teaches us an important lesson: Sometimes in the process of repairing things that have broken, we actually create something more unique, beautiful and resilient.
May this staple piece remind you that you are worth so much more, when you are at your lowest.
May you find peace throughout your healing journey.
May you are able to heal as a whole, leaving golden scars, coming out stronger than you were before.
- Carefully handpoured from white cement.
- Thoroughly sanded and smoothen by hand.
- Detailings and engraving were done with attention to detail by hand.
- 24K pure gold foil (99% gold, 1% silver)
- Non-scratch silicone pads are attached.
- Waterproof - Safe to store in bathrooms or any humid/wet areas.
Measurement: 4 x 4 inches
- Each piece is unique to its own.
- There will be no similar engraving design between all pieces as the engraving job was done freestyle and by hand. Thus, the Kintsugi lines may not be similar as shown in the pictures above.
- Due to its art nature, minor imperfections (i.e. air bubbles) are common and shall not be mistaken as defects.